- 0110:30 am-12:30 pm2018-05-01
- 011:00 pm-3:00 pm2018-05-01The Painting Group thought we might get more folks interested if we changed the title to Arts and Crafts. Many people claim that they have no talent and would never think of trying to paint in any medium. Sharon Volkommer got us interested in needle felting, home made seasonal cards and painted Christmas cookies. With this in mind we now invite seniors to join us for two hours of sharing our talents and interests in crafts. Bring your knitting, needlework or other hobbies for an afternoon of fun with like minded friends, on Tuesday afternoons 1-3 PM.
- 012:00 pm-4:00 pm2018-05-01Thoughtful exploration of global issues and current events in historical perspective.
- 0210:10 am-11:00 am2018-05-02Every Wednesday morning at 10:10 am, we get together for an hour of conversation and meditation. For the first 30 mins., we discuss a favourite spiritual or inspirational book that someone has brought to share with the group, and then we sit and meditate. Everyone is more than welcome; no experience or uncomfortable sitting positions required.
- 0211:00 am-12:30 pm2018-05-02The Caregivers and Alzheimer's Support Group meets for an hour at 11 AM every Wednesday. If you are caring for a member of your family or a friend, join us for a confidential meeting with other islanders who are facing similar circumstances. If you are starting this long, stressful journey, we have been there and can offer support. We have a library of current reading material that you are welcome to use.